Friday 6 February 2009

A change of plans!

So, the weather here is so bloody bad. The police are warning floods tomorrow - there is going to be a King Tide - sounds ominous. It is also the day i am off out to sea - i have no idea if it is safer to be at sea or on land in a flood/cyclone/king tide. At least the crocodiles can't eat Bean.

So - i am postponing my working as a crew and the other 2 sailing courses until May! Apparently the weather will be glorious then. Not my words - i have never said glorious in my life, until today. So the new plan!!!!

I am doing my first sailing course tomorrow - which lasts a week - whether i survive a week, who knows!! But i am picturing its going to be like that movie - you know the one i mean, the one at sea - where there is a storm - dead at sea? drowning in storm? storm killer? eaten by shark in storm movie? perfect storm? that one where evryone dies! that maybe what my week will be like! Glorious!!

Anyway, after that i am going to get a bus down to Sydney and do lots of nice sunny things - go to Fraser island and learn to surf and go to a cattle ranch a round up goats on my trusty stead. Goats - not cows.

Then its off to New Zealand for 6 weeks or so - depending on money! wooo

then ill come back up here to sail and scuba dive my last 3 months! yay

ill let you know if ever make it back to dry land.

byeeee

2 comments:

  1. You are the most excellent blog writter!

    I am so pleased to hear you've got a plan. Also that you're going to learn to surf. I want to hear about the people you have met...who taught you the word 'glorious'? We're missing you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant work out if you want sympathy or what?
    im so sorry that you might be going to NZ for 6 weeks and then youre off having a glorious time surfing and getting up to no good with local boys...

    ReplyDelete