Thursday 19 February 2009

Land Ahoy

Helloooo,

I have landed. This is my first day off in 12 days! i am knackered and sunburnt!
The other day was friday the 13th as you all will know - and i managed to smash a mirror on it. Clever me. So, as punishment i was put on a boat called Southern Cross, or the Blue Canoe, as it is know here. It was old, and skanky, and smelly and hot, and gross, and i managed to damage myself in ways you couldn't even imagine. So as you couldn't imagine them, i will write you a list.

1. I sliced 2 of my fingers practically in half clipping on the the head sail.
2. I tripped over every winch and block on the boat, at the last count i had 53 bruises. And they aren't small either. i look like i have been beaten up.
3. I sun burnt my face off.
4. i fell down a hatch.
5. i cut another finger chopping watermelon.
6. A dolphin was chasing a squid, which jumped out of the water onto the boat, narrowly missing slapping me in the face.
7. The BBQ blew up in my face and burnt my fingers, burnt off my arm hair, fringe, eyebrow and some eyelashes.

so, all in all, the trip went pretty well! I met a nice girl called Skye though, but she is leaving here in 2 weeks time. Rubbish.

I'm going to try and get back on Eureka tomorrow.

The weather is good, the sun has been shining everyday - but it is bloody humid! I am going to go and try and get an australian sim card today!

byeeee

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see your updated blog I do a little/big YAY! I love reading them so much. Im so glad you're alive even with all those injuries. Having cuts with salt water around is painful! Nothing much to update you with my love, apart from two enormous tonsils have moved into the back of my throat causing me to breath weirdly. Was also in The Courier today which was highly embarrassing as the article made me sound like a hermit knitting loser. I promise to write proper style this weekend.

    Did Skye once work in Ramsey Street? Love you and miss you. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete